Trooper Youth Week 2021 Police-Oriented Educational Program
Monday, July 19 -
Friday, July 23, 2021
Trooper Youth Week is a residential youth education program developed by the New Jersey State Police. This program presents simulated law enforcement programs for male and female students who have completed their junior year and are entering their senior year of High School.
The week's activities include lectures and presentations covering many facets of police work and criminal justice. Participants will be exposed to a disciplined quasi-military environment, including military drill in combination with structured fast moving programs of classroom activities, lectures, films, practical exercises and physical training, simulating the NJSP recruit training experience.
The program emphasizes courtesy, professionalism, respect and teamwork. Additional presentations will include strategies for anger management, conflict resolution and cultural diversity.
Additional subjects matters presented include:
- History and functions of the New Jersey State Police
- Crime scene investigation techniques
- Motor Vehicle Law and Safety
- How to respond assertively in communicating their individual choices
- How laws concerning alcohol and other drug related behavior affect young people
Applications due May 15th.
Employment / Training
Last Updated: 03/16/21