Bright Counseling and Consulting, LLC
BRIGHT COUNSELING AND CONSULTING, LLC Monmouth and Ocean County
Private Counselor, Clinical Supervisor, Consultant and Trainer
· Intensive In-Community Services Provider (IIC) to the Children’s System of Care (CSOC): Provided in home counseling services to children and their families.
· Developed treatment plans and goals, assisted in transitioning clients to sustainable community services and agencies, coordinated and consulted with providers toward mutual treatment goals.
· Provided training and consultation to schools and other agencies. Topics ranged from Suicide Awareness, Self-Care, Re-entry for Students after a Hospitalization, Grief and Loss, Creating Crisis Plans, and Traumatic Responses.
· Provide clinical supervision to counselors with their LAC and Masters Interns through verbal report and direct observation. Discussed case review, ethical considerations, review of standards, professional development and assistance in treatment planning.
· Private counselor providing one on one counseling to individuals.
· Clinical consultant to Worker 2 Worker program, assisting DCP&P staff in processing traumatic events and building resiliency.
Traumatic Loss Coalition (TLC) Coordinator for Ocean County,
· Coordinated one county as part of a statewide network. Offered collaboration and support to professionals working with school-age youth.
· Provided direct service and trainings regarding grief and loss, traumatic loss, and suicide awareness and prevention, crisis planning protocols.
· Acted as liaison to school districts and other local agencies, providing consultation on best practices, suicide prevention programming, memorialization.
· Developed suicide prevention trainings and protocols for response.
· Conducted trainings, coordinated conferences and developed county-wide information network. Developed and maintained social media for county program.
· Responded to traumatic events in the community through direct intervention or consultation. Led teams of professionals providing debriefing and defusing services
25 years experience Psychiatric Screener
· Provided crisis intervention, assessments, counseling and psycho-education to clients and family members either face to face or over the 24 hour crisis hotline.
· Assessed for dangerousness due to mental illness and developed appropriate treatment plans, including outpatient referrals and psychiatric hospitalization.
· Upheld the public screening law by completing commitment paperwork for patients deemed to be a danger to self/others, or property due to mental illness
Family & Support Services
Behavioral / Mental Health
Crisis / Safety
Last Updated: 07/25/17