Learn 'Hidden Dangers' of Special Needs Individuals: POAC to Present at Ocean County Library Branches
- 8:00 PM
This event has already occurred!
Learn ‘Hidden Dangers’ of Special Needs Individuals: POAC to Present at Ocean County Library Branches.
The presentation will offer potentially-lifesaving information and recommendations related to a wide range of special needs and independence levels in the course of a lifetime. Topics include:
- Wandering – how to address it, and use of high-tech tracking devices
- Home and classroom modifications
- Emergency and disaster preparedness and fire safety practices
- Personal safety regarding sexuality, the Internet, and bullying
- Behavioral interventions such as social stories, visual cues, activity schedules
- School and transportation matters
- Ongoing support and assistance resources
Stafford Branch – 10 AM Monday, April 24. 129 North Main Street, Manahawkin, (609) 597-3381. Little Egg Harbor Branch – 5 PM Tuesday, June 6. 290 Mathistown Road, (609) 294-1197.
To register: http://www.theoceancountylibrary.org/events
Family & Support Services
Intellectual and Developmental Needs
Last Updated: 04/05/23