The Art of Successful Conflict Resolution
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
- 4:00 PM
This event has already occurred!
Human interaction always has the potential for conflict. However, when working in the human service field we strive to remain effective and impactful. In this class we will explore the key ingredients that enhance the success of client interactions.
Participants will benefit from this training by asking themselves the following questions
- Am I listening to my client?
- What does my body language say?
- Do I want more from them or from the situation than they are willing to give?
- What do I need to do to ensure that potential conflicts do not escalate?
- Learning objectives
- Participants will learn how to
- Identify active listening techniques and specific methods for de-escalating challenging consumer situations.
- Display physical grounding techniques; body posturing, safety stance...
- Use conflict resolution strategies and compare "I" messages versus "You" messages in problem
Last Updated: 02/04/19